Monday, April 26, 2010

A Little Nostalgia and Clams on the Cape

This post has nothing to do with Italy but it is what is on my mind as I sit in the sun by the Adriatic....When I was growing up we would spend time on Cape Cod. We loved it. You go to the beach, eat clams and while stuck in traffic with everyone else who is doing the same, you listen to the radio. One of the ads for a local seafood place was burned into my brain. My sister, Jenny, recently reminded me of the jingle and now I can't get it out of my mind. Enjoy the music and postcards of Thompson's Clam Bar.

Thompson's Clam Bar Jingle (if it doesn't load automatically google Thompson's clam bar jingle and pretty soon you will want to be going "where the tastiest clams are!") Unfortunately the restaurant closed in 1990 so we are left with great memories....

Sunset at Thompson's Clam Bar, Snow Inn Rd Harwich Port Massachusetts

Doesn't it look like a swank place to go? Bring you boat right up to the restaurant! Wave to the crazy people inside!
Thompson's Clam Bar Harwich Port Massachusetts

"Hey, where ya goin'? I'm goin' to Thompson's clam bar 'cuz that's where the tastiest clams are. We've got lobster, swordfish, scallops too and steak and chicken for you. Take Route 28 to the clam bar sign. The happiest eating from noon 'til nine."

1 comment:

  1. This looks like a memorable place. I hope one day I can visit there. I love quaint little places like this.

    ReplyDelete