Saturday, April 24, 2010

10 Things I Did Over Easter Break

You may have noticed I have not been blogging for awhile. I admit I have been busy. Here are some of the events that have happened in the last month....

Rachael came home and we celebrated her 21st birthday!!!!!

Here we are waiting for our guests for Easter dinner. 14 hungry people joined us.

The girls and I hiked down to a favorite beach of ours and had a great picnic. Got caught in the rain coming back but that was part of the fun.

The Ewing's have started a painting tradition on Easter. This is the beginning of this years project. Stay tuned for additional pictures.

My sister Nancy and her family joined us for 10 days. We started their visit with the very American sport of skateboarding. Maggie, Fredrick and Olivia turned heads on the streets of Trani!

THEN they turned heads when they went swimming in the Adriatic in April!

We went hiking on the Gargano to Monte Sacro, the ruins of an old monastery were perfect for climbing. Rick calls this Hogwarts on the Hill.

Brother-in-law Bill and nephew Fredrick checked out the fishing at the port.

We ate some great meals.

And did some sightseeing in Rome! Castle Sant' Angelo was a good photo stop.
Bill, Nancy, Maggie, Eileen, Fredrick, Olivia

We also went to Pompeii, introduced them all to Italian espresso and gelato.
I will be elaborating in the coming days but for now this is a snapshot of a really fun time. Hope you all had a nice Easter break and are recharged and ready to storm the castles of your lives.

Onward! Andiamo!

1 comment:

  1. Looks like you had a great Easter break with ALL of your family from near and far!
    Great pictures!
    I am glad you are back to blogging..I have missed it1
    Love Jenn

    ReplyDelete