Saturday, January 9, 2010

Books I've Read

This is my book of books. It is a lovely cloth bound book and inside it I keep track of all the books I read. I have been doing this since 1989. We have moved frequently and it always goes with me. It doesn't get left for the movers to pack, I keep it in my carry on. It is too precious for me to risk at the hands of others. Silly, I know, but I hope to keep making entries for a very long time.

The first entry was in 1989. That year I read 12 books. It was the year our oldest daughter, Rachael, was born. I have made entries every year except 1990...new mom syndrome, I guess. I must have spent a lot of time taking care of the baby. Anyway 1990 was my most unproductive reading year with zero books read. But, I had quite a spurt in the low naughts as I read 41 in '02, 40 in '03 and 42 in '04. My high was '05 with 55!
This is what my current page looks like. Ten read in '09 and a whole lot of spaces to fill in 2010. I added up the books over the years and was surprised to see that as of today I have logged a nice round 500 books read over 21 years. Not too bad.


1 comment: