Monday, January 11, 2010

French Press Carcasses


To us there is nothing better that a cup of coffee made in a french press. We use strong coffee and then let the grinds sit in the water for a few minutes, press them down and drink the results..with lots of cream and sugar, of course! However, I have a problem with the presses. I am constantly breaking the glass beaker. Why don't they make them out of Pyrex?

We can't just have one press...what if you have lots of people over? You need lots of coffee, right? So we usually keep a few handy...Today we have three in working order and sitting on the counter waiting to be cleaned.

Here are the press parts for 10 others we have gone through. I can't seem to throw them away. You just never know when you're making a pot and might need a clean press. I also keep saying that I am going to make an art piece out of these carcasses just to show our dedication to this method of coffee making.

Shanoah is investigating the presses I pulled out of the drawer and lined up to count.



1 comment:

  1. You are so funny Susan...I like the coffee press drawer!...I also like your coffee...lol
    Love Jenn

    ReplyDelete